27 Random Things About Taylor
Travel Diary: 27 Years Around the Sun!
Celebrating my 26th in Sicily
Today is my 27th birthday! I cannot believe that I am already 27! It felt like yesterday I was celebrating my quarter century birthday and heading to Greece! To celebrate 27 years around the sun and two years of avid traveling, I wanted to make this blog post fun for you all and provide 27 random things about myself so that you could get to know me better!
My 25th Birthday Bash
**Please note that this blog post uses affiliate links meaning that if you make a purchase via my affiliate link, I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. I only promote and talk about products and services that I have used and like.
1. I was born and raised in New Jersey, but went away to college in Virginia and studied abroad in Spain. (I’ll always be a Jersey girl, no matter where I go.)
2. Growing up, I danced competitively for 13 years. I sometimes forget that I used to spend hours upon hours in a dance studio, banquet hall or theater.
3. I am both a young and old soul. I will admit though, that I have always been a late bloomer and have had tough times fitting in as a kid and teenager.
4. I’ve gotten hit by a car twice.
5. In addition to dance, I also tried recreational softball, basketball, tennis, volleyball and cheerleading when I was younger. Needless to say, I quickly realized I wasn’t a competitive athlete.
6. During high school, I became near sighted and I now wear contacts. I truly wish I didn’t have to!
7. 90 percent of the time you will catch me daydreaming.
8. I am a true believer in anything creative and think that society needs to give more credit to professionals in those industries.
9. You probably will never see me leave the house without any sort of makeup on unless I am super tan from the summer.
10. I love music, but I don’t listen to anything religiously. I also hate wearing earphones.
11. I also don’t watch TV. During my free time, I like to write, read other blog posts and spend time outside. Oh, and I don’t like pop culture, whatsoever!
12. I attended James Madison University with the thought that I was going to pursue accounting. I changed my major mid way through college to communication studies with a concentration in public relations and minor in human resources. After graduation, I worked in the PR agency world only to realize that I was living another person’s dream. I then pursued a career in corporate marketing for a few years until my creativity reached it’s peak and I decided to become a full time travel blogger and freelancer. Trying to figure out my career over the past few years have caused me some migraines, but now I couldn’t be happier with the direction I’m heading in!
13. Prior to studying abroad in Spain, the furthest place I had traveled to was Florida.
14. When I was born, I had black hair and dark blue eyes. It only took a few months for me to transform into a blondie.
15. I could probably eat good pizza everyday if I had to.
16. If I could pick up and move anywhere in the world, it would be to Italy or Spain.
17. It is unbearable for me to be around fake people, hypocrites, extremists, vulgar individuals, passive aggressive souls, arrogance and negativity.
18. I much rather snack on veggies over fruits any day!
19. I see myself travel blogging for a long time, but I also have dreams of owning a winery one day when I’m mid-age.
20. My favorite color is aqua blue, but I also love pastels.
21. On Fridays, I always crave Mexican. Fajitas and margaritas are my end-of-week jam!
22. I always get bronchitis during the months of October and April.
23. Summer is my favorite season followed by fall and then winter. I absolutely despise spring (at least in New Jersey)!
24. My ideal date involves anywhere that has stringed lights.
25. Nars is my go-to makeup brand. I also am dedicated to Clinique’s facial washes.
26. I impersonate people very well and I’m pretty sure I missed my calling in the acting world.
27. Even though I am not an athlete, I am a fitness chick (also a yoga instructor). If I go a week without working out, I feel disgusting.
Thank you everyone for the amazing support all year long and for making my dream career a reality. I wouldn’t be where I am today, if it wasn’t for you all! If you have any questions or want to get to know me more, please reach out to me via email or social media. I would love to connect with you!
In the meantime, cheers to 27 years and many more!
Ps. See you later America; Bonjour France! Stay tuned for new content on my childhood dream country!
My Fifth Birthday Party
Click below to shop my white embroidered dress.
Contact or follow Taylor Deer
Shop my outfits with the LIKEtoKNOW.it app, @brown.eyed.flower.child.